Scooter Braun has been busy as a bee taking care of Justin Bieber, but it’s finally time to turn the spotlight on him for once! Scooter is engaged, and here are 5 things you should know about him and his lady, Yael Cohen!
- Scooter Braun, who has been dating Yael Cohen for about a year now, popped the question at his home in Los Angeles on January 5th! Of course she said yes! Yael posted a pic of her and Scooter on Instagram, writing, “Been terrible at posting over the last week, feel like this sums it up nicely :).” She added a photo of a neon sign that reads “yes.”
- Scooter Braun considers himself blessed! The 32-year-old manager tweeted, “Loving 2014. Luckiest guy in the world :).” Although the two haven’t officially announced their engagement, Carly Rae Jepsen pretty much confirmed the news when she wrote, “Huge congrats to @scooterbraun and @yael on their engagement! I’m so happy for you both! #truelove #yay.”
- Yael was born in South Africa and raised in Vancouver. She attended the University of British Columbia, where she majored in Political Science.
- Ever since her mother was diagnosed with cancer in 2009, Yael started the organization, “F-ck Cancer” so that Gen-Y can help their parents with early detection and preventative lifestyles.
- Yael is one of the biggest advocates, philanthropists and social entrepreneurs. She has won several awards like “Women’s Executive Network 100 Most Powerful Women In Canada,” “2011 Globe & Mail’s 12 people who are transforming philanthropy” and “2012 Fast Company 100 Most People Creative People in Business.”
We are so happy for the two lovebirds! What do you guys think about the newly engaged couple? Hit the comments below and tweet us @PopStopTV.