Effective Date: January 1, 2010
POPSTOP TV is a general audience web site, and does not knowingly collect PII from childrenunder 13 years of age.
1. Types of Information Collected Personal Data. Personally Identifiable Information (“Personal Data“) is any information that canbe used to identify a specific individual, such as your name, email address, home address, phone number and credit card information. This Site collects Personal Data when you interact with the Site, for example when you register for our Subscription Services; subscribe for newsletters; chat rooms or message boards; participate in chat rooms, blogs or other user forums; respond to polls or surveys; purchase merchandise via the Site; register for sweepstakes, contests and other promotional opportunities. POPSTOP TV collects personally identifiable information (“PII” –that is, information such as your full name, email address, mailing address or telephone number) only in order to create or enhance our relationship with you. When we collect PII from you, it is because you voluntarily submit the information to us in order to participate in activities like sweepstakes, contests, games, surveys, forums, subscription registrations, chats or bulletinboards, in connection with content or suggestions you submit to us or because you want us tofurnish you with products, services or information. We may also obtain PII from third parties.
2. POPSTOP TV´S Use of Your Data We will use your Personal Data for the purposes for which it was provided. For example, if you provide Personal Data to register for a newsletter, or to enter a contest or a sweepstake, or to purchase goods or services, we will use it to register you for or provide you with those goods or services. We may also use your Personal Data to provide you with information about features, services and other offerings that may be of interest to you. We also may send information or offers to selected groups of Site users on behalf of other businesses. When we do this, we do not give those businesses your name or address. Under certain circumstances (for example if you win a contest) we may post your Personal Data on the Site. We will notify you of this possibility when you provide the Personal Data and, if possible, when the Personal Data is posted.
Provided you have given us permission, POPSTOP TV may also share your PII with advertisers and business partners that are not affiliated with POPSTOP TV, but would like to send you information about their products and services. For example, some of the companies who supply prizes for POPSTOP TV´s contests may have special offers or promotions that might be of interest to POPSTOP TV viewers. However, you will always have the opportunity to instruct us not to share your information with third parties when PII is collected. Moreover, we will never share your credit card information with third parties except those POPSTOP TV uses to perform tasks (such as order fulfillment and payment processing) required to complete purchases youmake through POPSTOP TV websites.
POPSTOP TV may also enter into agreements with outside companies that possess the technology that allows POPSTOP TV to customize the advertising and marketing messages you receive on our web sites. Your non-PII and click stream data about your activities on our sites may be shared with these companies so this customization can be accomplished. These companies will not share your information with any third party or use it for any other purposes. Anonymous click stream and demographic information may also be shared with POPSTOP TV´s advertisers and business partners.
There may be instances when POPSTOP TV may disclose PII without providing you with a choice in order to protect the legal rights of POPSTOP TV, to protect the safety and security of visitors to our web sites; to protect against fraud or for risk management purposes; or to comply with the law or legal process. In addition, if POPSTOP TV sells all or part of its business or makes a sale or transfer of assets or is otherwise involved in a merger or business transfer, POPSTOPTV may transfer your PII to a third party as part of that transaction.
4. POPSTOP TV Protects the Security of PII POPSTOP TV uses reasonable administrative, technical, personnel and physical measures to safeguard PII in its possession against loss, theft and unauthorized use, disclosure or modification. In addition, POPSTOP TV uses reasonable methods to make sure that PII is accurate, up-to-date and appropriately complete. Passwords and other sensitive information stored by POPSTOP TV are encrypted both in transit and when stored within POPSTOP TV´s online databases.
5. Children and Privacy We encourage parents and guardians to spend time with their children online and to be fully familiar with the sites visited by their children. At various places on the Site or Other Services, we may ask users for their age. By using the Site or Other Services you agree to respond truthfully and accurately about your age. Children under the age of 13 years of age are expressly prohibited from submitting or posting any Personal Data on the Site or Other Services.
6. Message Boards, Chat Rooms, Blogs and Other User Forums
Please remember that information posted to message boards, chat rooms, blogs and other user forums becomes public information. Use caution when posting. Individuals under the age of 18 should be especially careful not to provide any personally identifiable information when participating in any area of the Site where postings might become public.
7. Data Security Disclaimer POPSTOP TV takes reasonable security precautions to secure the Personal Data that you choose to provide against the loss, misuse, alteration or unauthorized access of such information. Unfortunately, no transmission of data over the Internet is guaranteed to be completely secure. It may be possible for third parties not under the control of POPSTOP TV to intercept or access transmissions or private communications unlawfully. While we strive to protect your Personal Data, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any Personal Data you transmit to us. Any such transmission is done at your own risk.
8. Applicable Law We control and operate this Site from the United States. The Site is not intended to subject usto the laws or jurisdiction of any state, country or territory other than that of the United States. Please note that we do not represent or warrant that the Site is appropriate for use in anyparticular jurisdiction. Those who choose to access the Site do so at their own initiative and are responsible for complying with all local laws, rules and regulations.
Rev. August 29, 2012
PopStopTV.com use third-party advertising companies to serve ads when you visit our Web site. These companies may use aggregated information (not including your name, address, email address or telephone number) about your visits to this and other web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services of interest to you. If you would like more information about this practice and to know your choices about not having this information used by these companies, please see: http://www.networkadvertising.